School nurses are more important than ever! We are so lucky to have Nurse Abbott on our Cattell Team. Below are questions about if/when your child should stay home, masks and how to book a virtual meeting!
For those of you planning to come back to school in the hybrid model starting October 19th, things will look at little different:
- All students and staff will need to self-monitor for symptoms of illness BEFORE coming to school. STAY HOME if there are any symptoms of illness such as:
- Congestion / Runny Nose
- Fever / Chills
- Muscle and Body Aches
- Sore Throat
- Nausea / Vomiting
- Loss of Taste / Smell
- Shortness of Breath
- If your child is sent home from school for being ill, we ask that you please pick your child up promptly (Within 30 minutes, if possible)
- Any students who have been exposed to COVID-19, are identified as a close contact (requires quarantine), or are awaiting COVID-19 test results may NOT attend school. Please contact the school nurse if any of these apply and the school nurse will give you an estimated return date.
- Face coverings or masks will be required for everyone throughout the school day. More information about what counts and what does not count as a good face covering can be found here on the CDC website.
- Please send your child with a change of clothes in case of an accident while at school as extra clothing is limited and we are unable to accept donations this year.
- If you would like to schedule a virtual appointment with the school nurse – Please click HERE
- This year it is more important than ever to get a flu shot! Take the whole family and get one today. You can get a flu shot from: your doctor, Polk County Health Department, or many local pharmacies (Hy-Vee, Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc.).
We know school will feel unusual this year, but if we work together, we will get through it together. You can find more information on the steps DMPS is taking for our hybrid and virtual students here.